With Dental Implants, biting forces increase dramatically, for better chewing ability and digestion. Implants also prevent the bone loss that occurs after a tooth is removed. Dental implants have been widely used for over 30 years, and have an excellent success rate.
An effective way to restore lost teeth, Dental Implants can provide a durable, permanent option for oral reconstruction. In this process, titanium frames are surgically placed in your jaw bone. Once the frames are inserted in position, dental implants are firmly attached, preventing the shifting or slipping you might encounter with typical dentures. You are left with a natural-looking, sturdy new smile!
Dental Implants offer a wide range of benefits:
- Your teeth will look and feel natural, providing a confident smile
- Elimination of discomfort or soreness some experience with ordinary dentures or bridges
- No slipping, allowing you to speak and eat normally
Letting lost teeth go untreated can cause a number of problems:
- Missing teeth can affect what foods or drinks you can consume, which can lead to poor nutrition and overall health
- Your bite can also be affected, causing your teeth to line up improperly which can lead to possible jaw joint or other bite problems
- Your self-esteem can be reduced as well, if you feel self-conscious and worry about people noticing missing teeth
When a patient has lost all of his or her teeth but wants a better fit and more retention than traditional dentures allow, implant supported dentures can give them that stability. A limited number of implants are placed into the jawbone, and the denture fits snugly over the implants and a connector called an abutment.
Single tooth implants are used when one or more of patients teeth are missing. They offer the stability of a natural tooth root, and this is an excellent option for patients who do not wish to have a removable appliance. Standard implants can support crowns (to replace a single tooth) or bridges (missing adjacent teeth).
If you have missing teeth and want to discuss dental implant options, please contact Lemon Tree Dental - Alamo Ranch at (210) 293-0696, and let us help you regain your smile, not just for cosmetic reasons, but for the sake of your health as well.